Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: black and white silent 8mm - where do I start?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 11elraval's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am an artist with experience of photography and some cam corder/video work. My wish is to create a piece of work based on a piece by joan colom who filmed an area of Barcelona in 1960, in silent black and white 8mm, which was, I believe put on to a dvd? loop, to show at the contemporary arts museum this year. The idea is to show city life over the space of about 30 mins without the usual and accostomed 'distractions' of modern documentary media. Has anyone an idea of where I start to source the type of cine he would have used in 1960? I get the idea that it is expensive to transfer to upto date technology? any info would be greatly recieved

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 15, 2004 10:08 AM: Message edited by: 11elraval ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it was 1960 I can tell you without a doubt that he did NOT use a Super 8 camera. He used a Regular 8mm camera. Super 8 did not hit the streets until 1965.

    You can go to the ebay auction site and type in "8mm movie camera" and you will get to look through hundreds of old cameras. As to which exact one he may have used? that is near impossible to guess as there were a lot to choose from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •